We have partnered with BitPay, the fast, easy, and secure platform trusted by thousands of businesses – worldwide, to enable guests to pay for accommodation with Cryptocurrency.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Guests can book directly with our hotel reservations team via email or over the phone.
• Once the booking is confirmed, our team will send an invoice via email with a payment link.
• Paying the invoice consists of 3 steps: Select the wallet and cryptocurrency you want to pay with. Fill in the payment details in your wallet. Validate the transaction from your wallet.
• Done! Our reservations team will then confirm your reservation with you via email.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CRYPTOCURRENCY PAYMENTS:
• All Cryptocurrency reservations are to be paid in full at the time of booking.
• Cryptocurrency payments are non-refundable. The amount paid will be held in credit, to be applied to a future stay within 1 – 2 years. Blackout dates such as major US and Jamaican holiday periods will apply.
• Minimum stay is 7 nights for our Rumba Rooms and Cabins.
• Minimum stay is 5 nights for our private villas, Sanwood, Panorama, and Cocosan.
HOW DO I PAY A BITPAY INVOICE?
Paying a BitPay invoice consists of 3 steps:
1. Select the wallet and cryptocurrency you want to pay with
2. Fill in the payment details in your wallet
3. Validate the transaction from your wallet
For more information click here.
WHICH WALLETS WORK BEST FOR A BITPAY PAYMENT?
BitPay invoices are both payment protocol and peer-to-peer compatible.
If you choose to pay from a wallet that supports payment protocol, you will be able to copy and paste the Payment URL into the paying wallet or scan the QR code to trigger the payment prompt. Check out our video payment guide to learn how to pay to a payment URL.
If you choose to pay from a peer-to-peer wallet, you will be able to copy and paste the receiving address and exact amount to send.
For the best payment experience, BitPay recommends using wallets that are updated to work with Payment Protocol.
Learn more about why BitPay suggests Payment Protocol wallets for payments.
WHAT FEES WILL I PAY WHEN PAYING A BITPAY INVOICE?
When paying a BitPay invoice you will need to pay the necessary miner fee in order for your transaction to be processed on the cryptocurrency network.
A network cost may also apply to your purchase depending on the cryptocurrency you use.
These fees will vary depending on the conditions on the cryptocurrency network – the higher the demand, the higher the fees will be.
This article gives an overview of the fees applicable for each cryptocurrency supported as payment option on the BitPay invoice.
WHAT CURRENCIES CAN I USE TO PAY A BITPAY INVOICE?
We support payment in the following cryptocurrencies:
– Bitcoin (BTC: on-chain, off-chain with Coinbase, and Lightning)
– Bitcoin Cash (BCH),
– Ethereum (ETH),
– Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC),
– Dogecoin (DOGE),
– Litecoin (LTC),
– Shiba Inu Coin (SHIB),
– 5 USD-pegged stablecoins (GUSD, USDC, USDP, DAI, and BUSD).
Note: We only accept ERC-20 coins on the ETH network.
For more information on our accepted payment currencies, please see which wallets work best for a BitPay Payment on this page.
WHY CAN’T I USE BITPAY’S SERVICES IN MY COUNTRY?
Sanctioned Countries and Individuals: BitPay is a U.S.-based company that complies with all mandated federal and local regulations.U.S. companies are prohibited from engaging economically or by trade with persons or businesses based in countries that are under trade and economic sanctions set forth by the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC). You can view an updated list of OFAC sanctions on the OFAC site. BitPay also complies with the sanctions programs of the United Kingdom and the European Union.
Prohibited Countries/Territories: BitPay does not service merchants or users residing in certain countries and territories, based on specific criteria and applicable laws and regulations. BitPay routinely reviews its products, offerings, countries, and regulations and makes updates to its prohibited countries list as appropriate. Currently, the following countries/territories are prohibited by BitPay: Algeria, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Cambodia, Ecuador, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestinian Territory, Turkey, and Vietnam.For more information click here.